Crafty-ness

With an addiction to hobby lobby and pinterest, there is no real need to explain why I love to create! I have two little cousins that I love to craft for and with they are always an inspiration. I love turning an everyday item into something chic and unique!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Jana's Baby Cake

A good friend and co-worker is having a baby girl!!  She was given a baby shower at work and I offered to create a diaper cake for the center piece.  I knew she was doing the room is yellows and grey so I wanted to use that as my color palette.  I really enjoy personalizing the cake as much as possible so I wanted to use her baby's initial.  I really wanted this cake to be different from all of my bright colored cakes so I decided to wrap the initial in twine then add rosette embellishments and pearls to almost give it a vintage feel, however when all was said and done I needed to add one more color to brighten it up just a little bit.  Knowing Jana's favorite color is green I had to add some green to the cake!   Here is how it turned out...!


Her finished cake!  I did notice how one flower had fell down so I fixed it after I was done taking pictures! 




My first wrapped initial, I need more practice but it didn't turn out too bad! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment